Why Didn't I Receive a Message
There can be a multitude of reasons why a message might not make it through.
Some of them could be on our end like this morning or they could be on the
senders end. Here are possible reasons:
- It could have accidentally been filtered out by Mail Foundry. Its good
to check the emails that you get at the end of each day.
- If you use Outlook, your own Junk filter might have filtered out the
- If our server wass down like it was this morning for 20 minutes, the
message could bounce back to them. More likely if their email server is
setup correctly, it will keep trying to send the message after an hour or
two and then again 24 hours later until it gets through and if it can't get
through then it will bounce. We don't have any control over how someone else
sets their email server.
- The sender could have typed your email address incorrectly and didn't
notice that it bounced back as undeliverable. With all the spam some people
get, they could easily miss a bounced message.
- The sender's server could be down and its still sitting in their Outbox.
They thought they sent it.
- Their email server could be blacklisted by one of the reputable
blacklists and our server would simply refuse it.
- They could have a virus on their computer and their email they send out
might contain the virus and their server or ours could possibly filter the
- You might have a filter setup in your email package that moves files to
a different folder if it meets certain criteria and the message in question
may have met that criteria unintentionally.
- If the email came from someone at a large company, they can have all
kinds of filters setup to prevent employees from sending things around the
office, etc and it can unintentionally filter out legitimate email.
As you can see, there are many, many and these are just some of the
reasons an email might not make it through.